Apply through the school district website www.usd85.org
1. Minimum of Bachelor's degree in appropriate field or equivalent job related experience.
2. Some course work in business administration with emphasis in accounting.
3. Experience with federal and state reporting preferred.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of general banking procedures.
5. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Date: March 8, 2019 Performance
7. Work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, administrators and public
8. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
9. Assist in the execution of the enacted published budget, preparation of internal budget reports
10. Prepare and file State Reports as assigned
11. Manage financial responsibilities of Federal Grants
12. Assist the Chief Financial Officer in all operational aspects of the Business Office such as accounts payable, payroll, inventory, records retention, copy center, mail room, and food service accounting
13. Perform monthly reconciliation of district bank accounts
14. Audit building activity and petty cash accounts
15. Point of contact for building activity funds and budgets
16. Oversee billing and processing of transportation activities
17. Point of contact for questions/issues regarding student fees
18. Assist with all audits of all accounts and records annually by an independent, certified public accounting firm and state and federal auditors
19. Arrange, manage and direct all internal audits
20. Prepare and file Medicaid reporting
21. Manage the online payment system and online banking
22. Prepare and maintain all financial reports on bond projects and budgets including financial data required for arbitrage and the district’s bond financial advisor
23. Serve on appropriate committees such as benefits, property insurance, budget and growth committees as needed
24. Process monthly sales tax filing for all district buildings
25. Perform bid openings in accordance with state guidelines
26. Train and support building and departmental staff when appropriate
27. Keep abreast of changing procedures, federal and state requirements and laws by attending informational seminars
28. Attend staff meetings, board meetings and committee meetings as required
29. Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements: Sitting standing, occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, climbing, squatting, kneeling, fingering or otherwise working with fingers, and moving light furniture may be required.
Work Environment: The employee must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. The employee must be alert and able to meet deadlines. Flexibility and patience are required. The employee must be selfmotivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. Overtime work may occasionally be required. The employee must be able to get along with co-workers and supervisors. The employee must be able to work under stressful conditions and for long periods of time. Terms of Employment: Hourly rate and schedule to be established by the Board. Starting salary of $24.00 per hr. with additional adjustments based on experience qualifications.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt