The Broadband Customer Service Specialist is responsible for managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner. This position will identify customer issues and inquires, clarify information and provide troubleshooting solutions. Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
• Interacts in a professional manner with employees, consumers, visitors and the public in general.
• Resolves consumer problems, complaints and questions via the telephone, in-person or by forwarding phone calls to the appropriate person.
• Follows communication ‘scripts’ when handling varying topics.
• Seizes opportunities to upsell products when they arise.
• Processes applications for new customers, as well as provides information about the Cooperative and the available programs.
• Cross-trains in other areas in order to fill in for absent employees.
• Transmits and posts automatic debits, as well as credit card payments.
• Participates in the annual Cooperative meeting, as required.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
• High School diploma or GED is required.
• Vocational technical school graduate with at least two (2) years of experience working in modern office practices, as well as collecting, accounting for and safeguarding money and/or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including word processors, computers, calculators, typewriters, copiers and other standard office equipment.
• Understanding and the ability to utilize business English, spelling and arithmetic, as well as basic accounting principles and telephone skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both in a written and verbal manner.
• Ability to demonstrate a personality which is pleasant, cooperative and mature.
• Ability to build and maintain positive public relations for the Cooperative.
• Ability to learn the methodology of equipment used in computer data entry work during a training period of over thirty (30) days and up to three (3) months.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand, lift, carry, push, pull, balance, stoop, reach, handle, talk, hear, see, grasp, move head and neck and movement across mid-line.
• Ability to lift up to fifteen (15) pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds.
• Finger dexterity, manual dexterity, alertness, precision, motor coordination, auditory discrimination and tactile discrimination.
• Inside/Indoor environment which provides protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily temperature changes.
• Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
You can apply online at: